Location: Sequim Bay JOHN WAYNE MARINA Lat 48 deg 03.99 min Lon 123 deg 02.22 min
Website: CLICK HERE
SBYC Reciprocal Program:
- The SBYC reciprocal program is limited to vacated member slips. Slips are available on a first-come-first-serve basis and limited to one vessel per club.
- Your reciprocal moorage is limited to one day; arrangements must be made with the Harbormaster for additional days. Further, reciprocal visits are limited to one per month per vessel.
- You must check in with the Harbormaster. After hours signup sheets identifying reciprocal moorage are located outside the Harbormaster’s office.
- Water is available on the docks, and there is a nominal fee for power.
- Please fly your burgee and have your membership card available.
- Security; dock access is secured 5pm to 8am; restrooms are open 8am to 10pm. You can leave
the dock but need an access card during the secure hours. An access card is available from the Harbormaster’s office during office hours (8am to 5pm) or call (360) 460-7623. Emergency numbers are listed at the Harbormaster’s office in the main building.
Approach: The approach to Sequim Bay is on the south side of the Strait of Juan de Fuca between Port Townsend and Port Angeles, west of Protection Island. In December 2015 the coast guard made changes to the navigation system for Sequim bay by replacing the floating buoys with rigid more visible dayboards. The new Sequim Bay Entrance light #2 displays a red light flashing every 4 seconds, has a nominal range of 4 nm and red triangular dayboards. There is a spit which blocks the entrance to Sequim Bay, lying in an east-west direction. The channel lies parallel to this spit and is marked by Sequim Bay Entrance light #2 and Sequim Bay Entrance daybeacon #4 ( also displaying red triangular dayboards). Do not cut between these markers. Follow the channel daybeacons (displaying dayboards) to enter the bay and stay in the channel, as there is a shallow area east of the marked channel. The marina is located at approximately Lat 48 deg 03.99 min, Lo 123 deg 02.22 min, on the west side of the bay. Enter the marina and stop at the first dock or the gas dock and check in with the Harbormaster for slip assignment.
Harbormaster: Ron Amundson (360) 417-3440
Radio Call Channel: Not monitored
- Gas and diesel at fuel dock
- Waste pump out at fuel dock
- Restaurant; Dockside Grill open for Lunch and Dinner. Call (360) 683-7510 for reservations.
- Washrooms, showers, laundry facilities are located on the first floor of the marina building
Repair Facilities: West Bay Boat Shop, approximately 1.2 miles north on West Sequim Bay Road 360.683.4066
Sequim: The town of Sequim is approximately three miles from the marina and can be reached by scheduled bus service or taxi. Sequim, with a population of more than 6,000, has numerous restaurants, motels, grocery stores (selling beer, wine and spirits) and gift shops.
Anchorage: Available south of Pitship Point. Be careful of the tidal range. Moorage buoys are available at the Sequim Bay State Park, south of the marina. Shallow draft boats may also tie up at the State Park dock. Caution is recommended to observe the tidal ranges and the depth.